- Game Of War: Fire Age reportedly spent over $40 million on a marketing campaign that features a commercial which shows the sizzling hot Kate Upton leading troops into battle. Quite the investment.
- Kim Kardashian released a mobile game called "Kim Kardashian Hollywood". Reports say that the game is making $700,000 a day.
- Flappy Bird, the mobile game released in 2013 generated about $50,000 a day from ad revenue for creator Dong Nguyen after it reached a peak in popularity in early 2014.
- The creator of Minecraft sold his company Mojang to Microsoft for $2.5 BILLION.
- Twitch.tv a video game live streaming website was bought by Amazon for $1 billion.
- YouTube gamer Felix Kjellberg, most commonly known as PewDiePie, has over 32 million subscribers to his channel which generates him approximately $4 million in revenue, a year. Check out his talents here.
Playing video games for a living isn't as far fetched as you thought...or is it?
Check out the video where these stats came from here