- The House I Live In: This is a very interesting documentary which details the cause and effects of the drug on war campaign in the United States. It explains how the U.S has become the country with the most imprisoned citizens in the world.
- World War Z: Among the few theater titles featured in Netflix. This is one of my favorite zombie/apocalypse movies of all time. It features some great acting by Brad Pitt and the story is surprisingly well driven and detailed for a movie of the genre. The special effects are very well done and will enhance the level of panic you feel during scenes.
- Louis C.K. Hilarious: If you are a fan of stand up comedy, Louis C.K is not someone you want to miss out on. He has a few stand up specials on Netflix, all of which are hilarious, no pun intended.
- Weeds: Comprised of an entire 8 seasons, this show should keep you busy for quite some time. It follows the life of a suburban widow who turns to selling marijuana in order to cover expenses after her husbands untimely death all while juggling the duties of being a mother to two young boys. The writing is well thought out, the characters are complex, and the humor is consistent.
- House of Cards: This political drama currently has 2 seasons on Netflix and is acclaimed by many to be the best show on Netflix. It has won awards both at the Emmys and the Golden Globes. It features actor Kevin Spacey as the primary protagonist, who plays a ruthless politician who is driven to conquer the white house and the political powers that come with it.
There are several other great titles on Netflix which I have not mentioned here. From my experience, Netflix is best for shows and documentaries. Please feel free to comment below with any shows or movies which you would also recommend.